- Author's Saving Throw: One of the biggest problems with Superman in the DC Rebirth era was the divisiveness of the character as there were fans who were upset that the New 52 counterpart never got his fair shake due to his poor handling leading to fans dismissing him in favor of the pre-Flashpoint Superman. This expanded to many stories trying to paint the pre-Flashpoint Supes as the "superior" one. This story seems to suggest that this was unfair to make people think that because they were one and the same, just separated.
- Fan Nickname: One of the more endearing nicknames for the New 52 Superman was "Superbro", more or less because he was a bit more youthful and relatable. After the events of Reborn, the name has been amended to be "SuperDadBro" or just plain old "Superdad"
- Heartwarming Moments:
- History merges the classic Superman tale with New 52, including the birth of Jon, as Perry White and Jimmy Olson are there to coo over baby Jon. On a meta-level, a lot of what happened with New 52 Superman still happened, just with re-merged Superman.
- In the Aftermath, Clark back at the Planet. Little details, such as a pinned Post-It note reminding him he has bowling with Jimmy and Steve Lombard, which in itself is a small heartwarming moment since Lombard is the Jerk Jock of the office, showing he and Clark really do like each other.
- It Was His Sled: Due to the fact that the ending of the story alters the entire DC Universe, everyone largely knows that the two Supermen fuse and expand the timeline.
- Nightmare Fuel: Mxyzptlk's design◊ in Superman #19, which abandons his usually flat and lanky look for something more akin to a Kewpie Doll, squat and bloated with an unnerving The Grinch-like grin and always sticking his tongue out for some reason.
- Unexpected Character: Nobody expected that the fake Clark Kent was Mr. Mxyzptlk.
YMMV / Superman Reborn