- Author's Saving Throw:
- After complaints of Kryptonian heat vision being colored blue in Supergirl, it is finally shown as red-colored here. Though it remains to be seen if Supergirl's heat vision is still blue in her own series.
- One of the common complaints about Hoechlin's Superman is that he's slightly not muscular enough for the role. In the show itself, Hoechlin puts on a few pounds and the complaints have lessened
- Evil Is Sexy: Stacey Farber as Leslie Larr.
- He Really Can Act: Tyler Hoechlin's performance as Superman is seen as one of the best parts of the series. It even won over people who were skeptical of his casting and hadn't watched him act in the years he'd been playing Superman in Supergirl.
- Jerkass Woobie: Kyle may be a dick, but he's clearly traumatized by and has PTSD from all the fires he had to put out.
- Memetic Mutation: The Stranger's battle armor looking very similar to that of Master Chief, Samus Aran, and Doomguy.
- Narm Charm: Is the Fleischer suit in live-action silly? Sure. Is Superman's line about how his suit was made by his mom corny? Yep. But is the scene where these things happen a wonderful distillation of how friendly, humble, and unassuming Superman is at his core? Absolutely.
- Special Effect Failure: It's more than a little obvious that Tyler Hoechlin is wearing a muscle suit to bulk up his version of Superman. It not only looks strange, but there are points where you can see the pads shifting out of place when Hoechlin moves. It's especially evident when you compare it to the suit worn in Supergirl (2015), which shows off Hoechlin's lankier frame.
- Visual Effects of Awesome: Viewers have gone as far as to call the show's effects to be on par with movies, especially following the questionable CGI of other Arrowverse shows. Some have even favorably compared it to Man of Steel.
- Unexpected Character:
- Thaddeus Killgrave is a rather obscure minor player in Superman's gallery of enemies, hasn't made any major appearances in the comics since the 90s, and has never appeared in any adaptation before. This makes his inclusion in Season 1 rather surprising.
- Win the Crowd:
YMMV / Superman & Lois