- Epileptic Trees: Are they dead? Are they in a coma? Are the characters all fragments of one person? Is the hospital a big therapy session? Maybe the hospital is EVERYONE'S MINDS! Who knows?!
- It's gotten to the point where a WMG page was created for this comic.
- Memetic Mutation: "WHAT IT MEAN" has become a term for plot speculation, thanks to this post. Cherry almost says it at one point.
- Sam thinking everything is a virus has become a meme amongst suggesters, due to being a paranoid sysadmin.
- Moe: Cherry.
- Rewatch Bonus: In retrospect, it's incredibly obvious that the hospital is virtual reality (the constant glitches, the Alien Geometries, the fact the characters all have weird skin colors, etc.). And yet this would never occur to you on a first time viewing.
- Ugly Cute: Sam, despite his "gremlinesque" features, is considered adorable by some of the readers.
- Viewer Gender Confusion: The author had to clarify that Cherry was a girl at first.
- The same can be said about Quin. It doesn't help that she goes by her more androgynous-sounding middle name.
- The Woobie: Cherry is this in spades. She's very skittish and shy, and utterly collapses under stress, not to mention her near-constant self deprecation though all of that can probably be attributed to her Avoidant Personality Disorder. Seeing her cry is like a hard punch to the emotions.
- Shadow Rick also deserves hugs. Lots of 'em.
- Helen, now.
- Ava, too.
- Jerkass Woobie: Sam.
YMMV / Superego