- Anti-Climax Boss: Stage 29: After an insignificant and rather short confrontation, Zeorymer obliterates the last 3 Hakkeshu in a Cutscene. The game then wraps up the rest of the Zeorymer storyline as fast as possible.
- Awesome Music:
- JAM Project's "Victory".
- Cerberus and Garmraid's themes "The Watchdog to Hell" and "Let's Ignition", Hugo's "Burning Red" and Aqua's "Dancing Blue"
- Albero's theme, "Crying Black", is rather dark and depressing, as well as not being all that awesome. In Super Robot Wars Original Generation Gaiden, he gets "Shouting Black", complete with one of the'' most awesome guitar riffs ever.
- Funny Moments: No mention of Aqua's priceless face when everyone is eating together and she learns there is frog and snake among the menu?
- Game-Breaker: Zeorymer and the Black Selena. However, the Black Selena isn't available until near the end of the game. Zeorymer, on the other hand, is playable at about the half-way point of the game.
- "Holy Shit!" Quotient: It's possible to launch a simultaneous attack combining the Final Dynamic Special and the Shuffle Alliance Fist for TRULY Massive Damage. There Is No Kill Like Overkill, indeed.
- Nightmare Fuel: AI-1's second, third and final forms. In addition, the final attack of AI-1 is downright creepy as hell. First, it absorbs the opponent and blasts the target with some random orbs, all while a giant naked Eldy watches on. The attack is topped off with Eldy delivering a Kiss of Death to the opponent. Do remember all this happened during the early years of the PS2. One can imagine what the current PS2 capabilities can bring to this attack in the near future.
- Player Punch, in conjunction with But Thou Must!: reenacting the Vibrato battle in RahXephon. You are in control throughout.
- Ron the Death Eater: Variation; Albero comes off as a little bit of a stubborn jerk, but is more-or-less a deep-seated good man. Depending on continuity, the Devil Gundam or the Jetzt shows up and kills his son, causing his Start of Darkness. Fortunately, he subverts it by the end of MX.
YMMV / Super Robot Wars MX