- Broken Base: Very similar to Death Battle for victories except that the victories are always based on voting rather than research like Death Battle.
- Captain America vs Master Chief is by far the most hated due to the more powerful combatant (Master Chief) losing against the weaker combatant (Captain America), which is the reason why an alternate ending is made.
- Everytime a battle involves Batman or a Power Ranger, it get rants for the former being overused and the latter tends to win.
- The fact that the fight uses Michael Bay's Optimus Prime has garnered a lot of negativity by fans. His victory make them question that either Bay's Prime is very popular and liked, the voters mistaken Prime for another, more likable incarnation, someone, especially Michael Bay, told fans to vote for Optimus Prime, or Optimus Prime is more popular in general.
- Funny Moments:
- Two behind-the-scenes videos of the Green Ranger vs. Ryu fight has Tommy's sword breaking on him and Johnny Yong Bosch goofing around.Johnny Yong Bosch: Aw, c'mon, I missed it? [grabs cell phone, runs over to Ryu's body and takes a selfie] Hashtag Hadoken!
- The Captain America vs. Master Chief alternate ending video has Master Chief teabagging Cap after killing him.
- The ENTIRE Joker and Harley Quinn vs. Deadpool and Domino, with Deadpool being Deadpool, the Joker being the Joker, Harley being Harley, and Domino being the frustrated Straight Woman putting up with all three of their antics.
- The Spider-Man vs. Darth Maul fight has Peter Parker's signature Casual Danger Dialogue offset by the deathly serious Darth Maul. Also Stan Lee's Creator Cameo:Stan Lee: HEY, you noisy kids, KEEP IT DOWN!!! You wouldn't want me to get angry, would ya?! [reopens Daily Bugle newspaper] Damn menace...
- In the Wolverine vs. Wonder Woman fight lead up, Cyclops and Wolverine get into an argument as they're heading for Themyscria. Cyclops gets in the last word by dropping the floor out from under Wolverine and smirks, casually saying "Oops."
- Boba Fett continues the Running Gag of no-one recognizing Peter Quill as "Star-Lord".
- Two behind-the-scenes videos of the Green Ranger vs. Ryu fight has Tommy's sword breaking on him and Johnny Yong Bosch goofing around.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: A lot with Death Battle are involved with this.
- Where did Deadpool get Deathstroke's head? Their match in Death Battle.
- First, we got a Death Battle between Batman vs. Captain America, now we have their respective teammates fighting against each other in this series.
- Five years after their own episode involving Nathan Drake vs. Lara Croft, their Death Battle would show how Lara would have won anyway.
- Johnny Yong Bosch previously provided the voice of Yang in Super Street Fighter IV. In the alternate ending for the Ryu Vs. Green Ranger battle, he gets to challenge Ryu in a certain other role of his.
- Misblamed: Fans often blame the creators for results that they don't like (such as Captain America vs. Master Chief), when the results are determined purely by fan votes, thus making it mostly a popularity contest somewhat affected by what individual people think about their strengths and weaknesses. This can likely be attributed to a lot of fans seeming to think the show runs on Death Battle rules of thoroughly researching combatants and reaching a consensus of who would actually win.
- The Scrappy: The winners of battles that are majorly declared to be incorrect: Lara Croft, Captain America, and Wonder Woman.
- Take That, Scrappy!: Whenever said battles get an alternate ending that shows how the losers should have won. Master Chief catches Captain America's shield at the last second and shoots him in the head, while Wolverine's Healing Factor does in fact help him (or at least his upper body) survive falling into lava and finish off Wonder Woman.
- Spiritual Licensee: It's basically a live-action version of Death Battle (albeit, with the victor based on Popularity Power).
- Visual Effects of Awesome: Many of the fights are well choreographed with impressive special effects such as Ryu's Hadoken and Spider-Man's Symbiote Suit.
YMMV / Super Power Beat Down