- Alternate Character Interpretation:
- Is Dr. Magata a Cloud Cuckoolander with Blue and Orange Morality with unorthodox thought patterns, or is she a cold-hearted sociopathic Serial Killer who simply thinks that Murder Is the Best Solution?
- Saikawa. Is he a Jerk with a Heart of Gold who actually wants to do the right thing? A Straw Nihilist? Or is he The Unfettered who will eventually follow in Magata's footsteps?
- Is Saikawa as Oblivious to Love as he appears, or is so used to putting off an under age lolita (Moe is at least 10 years younger than him), that it has become second nature?
- Broken Base: The frequent usage of Contemplate Our Navels. Some feel that the psychological dialogue helps develop characters and their mindsets and make them more human, while others believe that it is boring and pretentious and ultimately adds nothing to the story, even taking away from the murder mystery aspect.
- I Knew It!: Many figured out that Magata not only lived, but she was the killer long before it was shown to be true in the penultimate episode.
- Moral Event Horizon: If murdering her parents was not enough, Dr. Magata crossed it further when she killed her daughter for not being willing to kill her.
YMMV / Subete ga F ni Naru