- Alternate Character Interpretation: Did Dave deliberately become so unbearable in order to get his grounding lifted? Since he balks at going outside at first, could that have been the plan originally but he ended up Believing Their Own Lies?
- Funny Moments:
"You will not treat our son like he's deadliest catch!"
- Despite playing the straight man (woman?) for most of the film, Dave's mother gets a good line in when her husband considers trapping Dave in a net.
- She also says she doesn't think Dave is acting that strange. Cue her son asking if everyone wants to play Jenga - with the biggest Nightmare Face imaginable.
- During his boredom montage, Dave pulls out a copy of Lord of the Flies...and uses it to squash a fly.
- And in the Hilarious Outtakes, Joan Fleetwood jokes that she's drunk. Gerry Cannon responds "I can see where he got his problem from."
- Ham and Cheese: Roy O'Connor is clearly having the time of his life when Dave is cracking up.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- Bobby Calloway convincing an impressionable teenager to get madly drunk? Fast forward to Aaron where he plays the responsible older brother to a drunken little brother.
- Joan Fleetwood as the Only Sane Man gets played Up to Eleven in Double or Nothing, where her husband uses a Ouija board to win the lottery.
YMMV / Stuck Home Syndrome