- Angst? What Angst?: Pearl is able to bounce back from her Rose-induced sadness a lot faster than she did in "Rose's Scabbard", probably because she worked through some of her issues in that episode.
- Harsher in Hindsight: We find out later in the season that Pearl was essentially a slave and a pretty bauble to serve an "important" gem. Her twisting the idea of chivalry into an indoctrination that destroys Connie's sense of self in light of that is really troublesome. It also makes Pearl's breakdown in "Friend Ship" and why she doesn't see sense of self as important make more sense.
- With the revelation in Season 5 about Roses true identity, it puts a new twist on why she felt she needed to protect Rose, for even the slightest chance of her true identity being revealed.
- Softened in "Reunited" as Pearl at long last learns to abandon this philosophy and fight for herself.
- Les Yay: Even more between Pearl and Rose; their relationship is directly contrasted with Connie and Steven's, and Pearl was willing to die for Rose and says she made her feel like "everything".
YMMV / Steven Universe S2E9 "Sworn to the Sword"