- Cargo Ship: We're essentially watching a romance between Geordi and the Enterprise.
- Fridge Logic: Leah Brahms was originally intended to be the great-great-granddaughter of Dr. Richard Daystrom, a minor character from the TOS episode "The Ultimate Computer", but then they realized that they would've had to have hired a black actress for the role. Somehow it never occured to the producers that either Leah could be a very light-skinned black woman, or that Daystrom's family could've become mixed-raced over the years.
- So, on a ship with over a thousand crewmen, a staff that must number in the high double digits at least... The only person Geordi can consult on this is a holographic recreation of the original engine designer, and not a single additional crewman?
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The Promellians◊ look similar to the Klingons◊ on Star Trek: Discovery.
- Retroactive Recognition: Christy Henshaw is played by Julie Warner, who would later star in such films as Doc Hollywood and Tommy Boy.
YMMV / Star Trek: The Next Generation S3E6 "Booby Trap"