- Complete Monster: Legate Matan is the leader of House Arterius, a powerful military faction in post Dominion War Cardassia. Matan manages to make contact with the Kessok, a powerful but xenophobic species in the Maelstrom sector. Matan convinces the Kessok that the Federation is planning to invade their territory and gets their help to build a new high tech Cardassian military fleet. Matan says he is just using this fleet to protect the Kessok's borders, but has more sinister purposes in mind. Matan experiments with a Kessok Solarformer, a device that can regulate the energy of a sun, to make a planet more hospitable for colonization. Matan accidentally destroys a Federation colony and causes heavy damage to two other colonies, causing a sun to go supernova, while he tried to weaponize the Solarformer. Matan felt no guilt about this, having his ships attack anyone who investigated this event, to hide his involvement. Matan also begins to have his fleet attack any non-Cardassian ships in the sector, even having his ships launch an unprovoked attack on a Federation starbase. Matan eventually declares war on the Federation, stepping his attacks on non Cardassian ships in the sector, killing countless people in the process. After most of his forces are defeated, the Captain's ship and allies confront Matan near a Kessok colony. Matan declares the colony Cardassian territory and orders his remaining forces to attack said ship and allies. With his remaining forces defeated and his dreams of conquest thwarted, Matan decides to use another Solarformer to cause the sun in the solar system to go supernova, killing his enemies, his supposed Kessok allies and his own forces, all at once, rather then admit defeat.
- Crazy Awesome: The mod community qualifies for this by now. After seven years, and a ton of awesome ships, including the Federation ships from Trek XI. Including the ones seen so briefly when the Federation Fleet goes to warp.
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment In the final episode, Saffi remarks on Data putting himself in dangerous situations.
- Moral Event Horizon: Legate Matan is a slippery Manipulative Bastard who turned the otherwise peaceful Kessok against the Federation and has them construct House Arterius a massive fleet to fight for him. However, he loses all sympathy when he plans to destroy a sun to wipe out a helpless Kessok colony as well as all of his troops currently attacking it.
- Player Punch: The destruction of the U.S.S Dauntless. Watching your old command be destroyed, even with all of the crew evacuated, is a terrible experience.
- The Scrappy: Your First Officer, is universally despised among the fandom. One of the first things that happens in-game is you are given your own first officer, Saffi Larson. She never shuts up, and is after your command plain as day. There are numerous mods ranging from "Saffi be silent" to Saffi is the first to die when the ship gets hit by anything larger than a cornflake. A mod exists also that replaces her entirely, though it's still in beta.
- Scrappy Mechanic: Hitting an allied starship more than three times in a single mission will cause an instant game over. This is made all the more annoying by the fact that the AI-controlled allies are only too happy to wander into your firing arc... and the fact that the person who removes you from command is Saffi.
- Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny: Through numerous mods, the Bridge Commander ship list now covers: Star Trek, Star Wars, Babylon 5, Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, Battlestar Galactica, Space: 1999, Gradius, Andromeda, Doctor Who, Mass Effect, and too many others to list.
YMMV / Star Trek: Bridge Commander