- Awesome Music: Imposing orchestral tunes really do match the ambiance of the stages in this game.
- Complete Monster: Dr. Edward Bilstein blackmailed a famous fencer/matador into working for him by kidnapping/threatening his family. On top of that, he planted a bomb in his body to ensure his "loyalty." He has less than pleasant plans for the people on Earth, and killed the parents of one the main characters and then turns the father into a plasma-wielding dinosaur. He also uses some denizens from another character's home planet to take over it. Then he orphaned, kidnapped and enslaved a young child who has the biggest plasma power potential in the galaxy. Once his minions have done all his orders, he's going to use their Plasma power for his ultimate weapon. He plans to use his own loving daughter as a guinea pig by which he can breed a new race of humans solely to use their limitless Plasma power to aid in his attempts to Take Over The Universe are another arguable offense. Even when Rain, in her true ending, rebels against her father and decides to become galactic ruler in his place, it seems like that outcome is the lesser of two evils by a wide margin given the sheer malice Bilstein is capable of.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Out of the entire cast, June is quite popular with the fans, thus being quite possibly the sole reason of why June was chosen to be the main representative for the series in Project X Zone.
- Ele also has her own share of fans as well. It's quite safe to say that Ele had undoubtedly inherited the same lovable charisma that her own mother June has upon sight.
- Evil Is Sexy: Certain members of the Fourth Empire may or may not count, although Rain, Bilstein's daughter, most likely takes the cake.
- First Installment Wins: The first game is thought of as the better of the two.
- Moral Event Horizon: Bilstein crossed it with Blood and Rimgal, if he hadn't already.
- Tear Jerker: Rimgal's death in the first game. It's bad enough that June's father was transformed into a Velociraptor dinosaur against his will by Bilstein and that he tries to fight his transformation, but is unable to do so and upon realizing that he might pose as a potential threat to June and her friends, Rimgal decides to kill himself in order to ensure that his daughter is completely safe from him. The music that plays during Rimgal's True Ending scenario does not help one bit when it comes to the full extent of the entire tear jerking scenario involving Rimgal.
- Claire's death in the second game. Near the end of her story scenario, Claire is about to make her final move against Gerelt when Luca suddenly appears, under orders from Gore to kill Claire. Despite Claire's victory, Luca unexpectedly explodes from a Plasma energy overload and that Claire herself ends up shielding Gerelt from the explosion with her own body. As a distraught Gerelt holds Claire in his arms, Claire wonders herself on why she had suddenly saved Gerelt when least expected, but is still very happy to see Gerelt being safe and asks him to continue holding her and not let her go as she slowly succumbs to her own wounds and dies, causing Gerelt to say her name from within an emotional and agonizing state.
- The Woobie: Face it, after all Gerelt has been through you really want to give this guy a hug...and scream for Bilstein's head for his atrocities.
YMMV / Star Gladiator