Back to the main page.
- Memetic Mutation: "It's a giraffe!"
- Alternative Character Interpretation: After hearing Spongebob's song, Sandy tells him that he's right: if he wants to be her friend, he should be himself. Is she just forgiving him and giving him credit for learning his lesson, or is she also admitting that she enabled him by not telling him to lay off the ripped pants joke before it got out of hand?
- Awesome Music: "The Fool Who Ripped His Pants," the show's first original song and a spot-on pastiche of classic '60s surf rock.
- Crosses the Line Twice: If a real person pretended to drown, then croaked to the person saving them that they need a tailor because they ripped their pants, it would be as offensive and unfunny as when Spongebob does it. As just a joke in the show, it's Actually Pretty Funny. It helps that it still fits the moral regardless.
- Heartwarming Moments: Spongbob and the other beach outcasts singing a song about being yourself, winning the respect of the rest of the beachgoers. Sandy runs over to him and embraces him, presumably forgiving him, and even Larry gives him props.