- Fashion-Victim Villain: Princess Sheena. At least, Riko thinks so..."I can't lose to her! She has bad hair!"
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: In the first episode! One of the Shinesman describes Sheena as being "One OVA shy of a series."
- Funny Moments: Sheena has one nearly every time she's on screen."Oh my God, they killed Karamool! You bumsters!"
"I'm going to die in a Godzilla suit!"
"You saw my bare skin! No one should see the bare skin of royalty! If they did I'd have to either kill them or make them my boyfriend!"
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Almost two decades after Shinesman came out, Super Sentai introduced a Gray Ranger. Still no sign of Sepia, Salmon Pink or Moss Green, though.
- Woolseyism: The English dub is full of it, and most of the time when a fan quotes the series it'll be from the dub. Media Blasters made the wise decision to hand production off to Coastal Carolina (the studio behind the acclaimed dubs of Oh My Goddess! and You're Under Arrest!). The result was a dub that does not take itself the least bit seriously, peppered with some of the funniest lines in anime history."Waah! Giant fish, right in my face."
"I think she's one OVA short of a series."
"Must! Not! Die! Have to! Give! Daughter! Giant! Fish!"
"Sheena, get in the glowing green square."
YMMV / Special Duty Combat Unit Shinesman