- Big-Lipped Alligator Moment: The episode suddenly grinds to a halt to make an extended Take That! at The Day After Tomorrow and its portrayal of global warming, which comes out of nowhere and has nothing to do with the rest of the story. It comes off as an Out-of-Character Moment for the redneck leader, who is suddenly being used as a mouthpiece for Parker and Stone's views on the subject, despite the rest of the episode treating him as someone we're not supposed to agree with.
- Harsher in Hindsight:
- The episode's plot about the debate over immigration and most of the townspeople's objections over it, even to the point of stopping the future immigrants from migrating to present-day United States echo the same sentiments Donald Trump would have more than a decade later while running for President.
- In addition, the redneck's suggestion of shooting any future immigrants who attempt to enter present-day America through the time border would be jarring to hear today after a shooting at a Walmart in El Paso, Texas on August 3, 2019 which killed 22 customers and injured 24 with the motive being hate towards Hispanic immigrants.
- The redneck's statement that all "proven scientific data" debunks global warming has obviously not aged well.
- Signature Line: "They took our jobs!"
YMMV / South Park S 8 E 7 Goobacks