- Covered Up: "DOWN TOWN" as performed by Maaya Sakamoto is much better remembered than its original Sugar Babe version, at least outside of Japan.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Takeru's fever dream of Eri being a Doronjo clone is quite prophetic, considering years down the line the Time Bokan franchise does end up having an installment with a little girl and two fit adults posing as the Terrible Trio. Arguably one could go back earlier and say she predicted Kate.
- Moe: Meidojutsu seems to be based on the harnessing of Moe.
- Nightmare Fuel:
- The town in G Prefecture has residents that are always on watch when it comes to visitors, and are very focused on getting them to try and stay forever. Of course, they're not actually bad people, but they're damn creepy.
- The real Messie. It's carnivorous, huge, and looks like a stringy and melting mass of algae—all of which is hidden in plain sight in the artificial pond in the elementary school. Imagine what would happen if it ever got into the wrong hands...
- Tear Jerker: The aftermath of Hotori's near-death experience, especially in the anime version. She might drive them mad, but everyone likes Hotori.
YMMV / Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru