- Continuity Lock-Out: Kind of. If you only get comics of one type (I.E. Sonic Universe only, Mega Man only, Sonic the Hedgehog only), then you'll have no idea what's going on. Helped/rectified by the volume releases, which combines the chapters from the different volumes.
- If you haven't played the games of one series, you'll probably be even more confused.
- Fan-Preferred Couple: Because of this comic, Robotnik/Wily is one of the most popular ships ever for both fandoms.
- Fandom Rivalry: Some Mega Man fans weren't pleased at how the Sonic cast overshadowed the Mega Man cast, while Sonic fans were quick to argue the opposite.
- Harsher in Hindsight: The Off Panel strip of Sonic #250 has Mega Man encouraging readers to get his comics as well. It may not be quite as humorous when you realize that, had the crossover not taken place, the Mega Man comic would likely have been cancelled before getting even as far as it did.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: This crossover isn't the last time Sonic and Mega Man would appear together...note
- "Holy Shit!" Quotient: Fairly high, especially near the end with the fight against the Robot Master army.
- Ho Yay: Dr. Wily with Dr. Eggman. Not only are they buddy-buddy in the comic proper, the "Evil Friends Forever" variant covers go out of their way to show the two men just having a jolly good time!
- scans_daily seems to think this is going to end in the best comic book wedding in years.
- In Sonic the Hedgehog #248, Eggman acts like a jealous girlfriend when first hearing about Wily's history with Doctor Light, with Wily having to reassure him that while Thomas may be brilliant, he's nowhere near as brilliant as the two of them are.
- The solicitation for Part 8 even refers to their relationship as a "bromance".
- Hype Aversion: There's bound to be this, especially since it was critically acclaimed.
- Moral Event Horizon: Dr. Eggman and Metal Sonic cross it by trying to toss Dr. Light out of the Skull Egg to his near death. Even Dr. Wily thinks that they went too far and it cracks their otherwise powerful new friendship.
- Rooting for the Empire: Wily and Robotnik are very popular villains, and given how well they worked together, some readers wanted them to win.
- Take That, Scrappy!: Sonic, when fighting Metal Sonic, makes a nod to his Metal Overlord form from Sonic Heroes as "that stupid dragon-thing." Ian Flynn, the writer of this series, made it clear in an interview that Metal Overlord is one of his least favorite Sonic characters.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: Teaser images for the crossover implied Bass and Shadow would be teaming up, but in the actual crossover, they are never shown meeting at all.
- Vanilla Protagonist: Mega Man is written as generically heroic and hesitant compared to the snarky, self-assured Sonic.
YMMV / Sonic the Hedgehog/Mega Man: Worlds Collide