- Ho Yay: The trio attend one of Amy's sensitivity trainings because Sonic insulted a friend of Knuckles' by mistake. Sonic knows a group hug is incoming; he lowers his eyes and tells the others in effect to just get it over with. Knuckles immediately pulls Sonic to himself, and Sonic starts staring into the distance suddenly looking rather surprised...
- Informed Wrongness: Sonic is constantly seen in the wrong for refusing to let a normal guy help, calling him a "guy", then bringing him into battle, where said guy doesn't nothing but sit and watch, and calling people people.
- Narm: Sonic's speech tries to be either awesome or shocking, but thanks to his repeated voice cracking, can come off as this.
- Never Live It Down: Fans will not forget or forgive how the villagers treat Sonic for calling Mike "just a guy".
- Strawman Has a Point: Sonic's proven to be right when he rants that he gets little to no appreciation for saving the village every week and that everyone gasps at him when he calls a guy "a guy" or people "people", prompting his friends to gasp immediately after his sentence.
- Tear Jerker: Sonic's rant about the villagers' treatment and quitting heroing. Roger Craig Smith's voice acting really makes this scene.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Character: Sticks could have played a big part in this episode if she was the only person to believe Sonic wasn't meant to offend the villagers with his statement, but instead, she's relegated to only having a couple of lines of dialogue and joins Tails, Amy and Knuckles in gasping whenever Sonic made a supposedly offensive statement.
- The Woobie: Sonic. His rant sums it up very well: he is hardly ever shown any appreciation for saving the village every week, and it seems that the only time that anyone notices what he does is when he does something wrong. Oh, and not to mention how quick the villagers and even his own friends are to turn on him (with absolutely no one coming to his defense)...
YMMV / Sonic Boom S 1 E 34 Just A Guy