- Awesome Music: "A Musical", a song which lovingly mocks everything about musicals, and contains references to many others, including Annie, Les Misérables, and even Seussical.
- Ear Worm: "Hard to Be the Bard"
- Genius Bonus: Nick Bottom was the Butt-Monkey character from A Midsummer Night's Dream. Of course his character here wouldn't have better luck.
- Fridge Horror: Would America really be that easy to survive in during the 16th century? What with all the native attacks, the French to the north, and the Spanish to the south, things won't improve until after our heroes have long since died of old age, if the aforementioned factors don't get them first..
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- Magnificent Bastard: William Shakespeare is a famous English playwright who learns that his rivals, The Bottom Brothers, have use a Soothsayer to copy a play he would write in the future. Shakespeare would infiltrate the Bottom Brothers' acting troupe and encourage the brothers to continue making "Omelette", while convincing Nigel Bottom to give him Nigel's written work. After exposing the Bottom Brothers of using a Soothsayer to steal his work, Shakespeare will have their sentence reduce from execution to banishment to the Americas and Shakespeare would use Nigel's work to create the universally acclaimed "Hamlet".
YMMV / Something Rotten