- Alternative Character Interpretation: Sohinki and Lasercorn introduce this In-Universe at the end of the Christmascraft series. On a Confession Cam Lasercorn points out that it wasn't really established if Santa was evil and the assumption that he was can't be based on the boss battle health bar since all of the characters have a health bar. And when Mari reflects on the fact that the Smosh crew killed pixies in Part 7 Sohinki introduces the idea that the Smosh crew could have unknowingly been playing a Villain Protagonist role.
- Base-Breaking Character:
- A lot of fans are pretty divided on Sohinki. One camp likes him for his Deadpan Snarker tendencies, plus his Sore Loser and try-hard attitude which many find amusing. The other camp sees him as an Insufferable Genius who tends to blame everything on others when they screw-up, particularly Jovenshire.
- Boze. She's either a fun addition to the gang that people find hilarious and charming, or she's annoying and unbearable. The youtube comments section is split right down in the middle regarding her. Though people have generally mellowed out on her appearances over the years.
- Critical Research Failure: Their Pokemon Gamer Nation video. The amount of mistakes they make is baffling.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Wes was back when he was the editor of the channel. He was featured in several bonus videos, and was received well by the fans for his laid-back and nice attitude and good looks.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Remember when the Smosh Games crew said that they would never play Minecraft on their channel. You know before they dedicated an entire series to the game.
- Launcher of a Thousand Ships: Mari, by the virtue of being the only girl in the team. While the most popular pairing involving her is with Sohinki (hence the #marhinki meme), fans also like to pair her with Flitz (because the latter often acts flirty around her), Joven (because the two have done punishments together the most frequently), Ian (an artifact from the old Smosh shows, when fans would often ask if Ian is dating Mari), Anthony, Wes and Lasercorn because why not.
- Les Yay: Mari and Courtney, especially in TRIVIA MURDER PARTY LIVE (Game Bang).
- Mari in general has these moments by either taking about or ogling a female she says she attracted to.
- Memetic Loser: Jovenshire, oh poor Jovenshire. He constantly gets the short end of the stick when it comes to competitive games like Game Bangs, and is more than often on the receiving end of humiliating punishments.
- Memetic Mutation:
- "Yo my name is Wes, I'm from the Wild Wild West...Explanation
- Never Live It Down:
- Both in real life and in-universe, Joven's title as the "bronze player" due to his unlucky streak of getting bronze during GTAV heists. Even after getting a Platinum, he still constantly gets mocked for being a "bronze player".
- People usually won't let Boze forget that she heard the Netflix description for The Terminator and wildly guessed Back to the Future during Netflix and Chill.
- Absolutely no one on the cast lets Wes live down his horrifically botched Wild West rap.
- Portmanteau Couple Name: Whenever the group forms a team in a Game Bang episode, they would combine the names of the members to form the team name, which may or may not have shipping implications. We have "Iancorn" for Ian and Lasercorn, "Marhinki" for Mari and Sohinki, "Jovanthony" for Joven and Anthony, "Antcorn" for Anthony and Lasercorn, "Sohian" for Sohinki and Ian, "Marishire" for Mari and Joven, "Ianthony" or "Anthonian" for Ian and Anthony, "Marian" for Ian and Mari, "Socorni" for Sohinki and Lasercorn, and many, many others.
- "Stop Having Fun" Guys: Sohinki verges on this, depending on the game: he's in it to win and at times he berates his comrades for their poor play. But he also acknowledges that he can be a "try hard" and is usually happy to sacrifice his dignity on the altar of comedy, especially in Game Bang.
- Tear Jerker: Lasercorn and Sohinki leaving Smosh Games, especially as it was just after Anthony had left Smosh entirely due to creative differences. It really feels like an End of an Era and Breaking the Fellowship for long time Smosh Games fans, with only two of the original six being left to run Smosh Games while everyone has left or moved on to their own projects.
- Unpopular Popular Character: The fans love Joven, despite the way he's treated in Smosh Game Bang as a hopeless dork who is suitable to be the butt of every joke.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks!: One of the biggest complaints from subscribers is that the channel deletes shows and start new shows for a few months then they delete it as well.
- The Woobie:
- Mari becomes this by the end of "CRAZY ELECTRIC SHOCK GAME!".
- Joven ends up as this most of the time, but he seems to lean more towards being (and at this point, pretty much is) an Iron Woobie.
YMMV / Smosh Games