- Awesome Music:
- At the end, when Ryan Reynolds pulls the plug on the two mafia bosses and Clint Mansell's 'Dead Reckoning' kicks in.
- In the sequel/prequel, Evanescence's "Sweet Sacrifice" plays during the bar shoot-out.
- Crazy Awesome: The Tremor Brothers, Pasquale Acosta and Lazlo Soot.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- Acosta is a master assassin who's preferred weapon is a wrist-mounted, spring-loaded blade. He's also prone to conversations with his dying victims.
- Chris Pine became the next actor to play Tom Clancy's protagonist Jack Ryan. Ben Affleck was the most recent actor to take on the role before that. Suddenly the scene where Darwin (Pine) kills Dupree (Affleck) and works his face like a puppet so he can apologize for killing him takes on a whole new meaning.
- Similarly, Steve Trevor is in a movie with Batman, and ends up killing him. Especially funny because in Wonder Woman, Steve Trevor dies, but Batman is still alive in the DCEU.
- Pasquale Acosta kills the casino's head of security. Roughly three years later, Jack threatens to blow up both Richard and himself.
- Ho Yay: Acosta really likes to get close to his victims. Also, Sharice has unrequited love towards Georgia.
- Jerkass Woobie: Israel.
- Nausea Fuel: Hollis Elmore's arc contains quite a bit of this.
- Nightmare Fuel:
- Lazlo Soot is particularly unsettling, whether it's his Dissonant Serenity, his bizarre Face Stealer process, or his general efficiency as a Professional Killer.
- The moment Agent Carruthers realizes that he's stepped into the elevator with Pasquale "The Plague" Acosta. And slowly watching Acosta realize that he realizes it. Then suddenly they're pulling their guns and unloading on each other, creating utter chaos in the elevator's confined space.
- Buddy Israel's security force is escorting a hand-cuffed Ivy to the elevators. As the elevator comes up, smoke begins to seep out from between the doors. Everyone realizes something is wrong; the guards draw their weapons, Ivy steps out of the way. The doors open, and out of the fog of smoke come the Tremor brothers, looking like they just jumped right out of a Mad Max movie, who proceed to decimate the security force with machetes, chainsaws, and WWII-era weapons.
- Retroactive Recognition: Watch it with friends, and see if they can work out who's playing the leader of the Tremor Bros. (Hint: It's Captain Kirk! And we ain't talkin' about William Shatner!)
- Pasquale Acosta chewing his fingertips to the bone in a grimy cell.
- Hollis's hand after getting shot.
- Jeeves Tremor falling ass-first on top of his own running chainsaw.
- Messner's breakdown near the end over the death of Carruthers and the FBI's betrayal.
- Buddy Israel's breakdown after he's forced to sell out his friends, Ivy tries to kill him, Beanie is found dead, and then the FBI drops him.
- What an Idiot!: Happens twice, with the pimply casino employee(see the quote on the main page), and then near the end when Director Locke doesn't leave a guard in with Israel and Sparazza(aka Heller).
- The Woobie: Messner, Hollis, Sharice.
YMMV / Smokin' Aces