YMMV tropes for the band:
- Awesome Art: The now iconic album covers of Holy Mountain and Dopesmoker.
- Awesome Music: All of it, but the latter three albums especially.
- Cult Classic: They didn't last too long or release that much material, but all of their albums are now regarded as classics in the stoner doom genre.
- Epic Riff: Every song has one, but special mention must go to the opening riffs of "Dragonaut" and "Dopesmoker".
- Even Better Sequel: Sleep's Holy Mountain to Volume One. In turn, many regard Dopesmoker as being this to Holy Mountain.
- Now with the 4/20 surprise release, 2018's The Sciences is just as good as its two predecessors.
- Memetic Mutation: Dopesmoker itself is a meme, especially it's iconic opening line.
- Matt Pike's perpetual shirtlessness.
- Signature Song: "Dopesmoker" without a doubt, though "Dragonaut" is also very famous.
- Sweet Dreams Fuel: "Dopesmoker" is an incredibly strange example. It's a metal album about Weed Jews, but it's so carefree and fun that it's difficult not to feel a dopamine release while listening.