- Demonic Spiders: If Sinistar himself isn't killing you, the Warriors are probably sniping you to death with ludicrous precision.
- Everyone Is Jesus in Purgatory: Mocked with "I hunger, therefore, I live" The Philosophical Revelations of Sinistar.
- Fountain of Memes: Everything Sinistar says is meme material.
- Good Bad Bugs: The game had a bug where if you managed to get shot by a Warrior on your last ship just before the player gets killed by Sinistar, in effect killing the player twice, the game would think the player has now 255 ships.
- Mondegreen: The crudeness of the speech would make "Run, Coward!" sound like "Ron Howard".
- Nightmare Fuel: A giant, flying skull, taunting you in a perfectly intelligible nightmarish voice in an age when few games could talk, that would generally kill you within seconds of appearing on-screen with an utterly terrifying roar.
- That One Level: The "Warrior" and "Void" levels are the tougher of the four types of levels: the former is filled with Demonic Spiders, while the latter is a Drought Level of Doom that players need to stock up on sinibombs for.
- Watch It for the Meme: "Beware! I live!"
YMMV / Sinistar