- Ensemble Dark Horse: Babs Jensen, the female Universal worker, was liked by many and so many we're saddened by her abrupt death, especially since she was worried over losing her job just seconds before.Kellita Smith's character Sergeant Warren is also well liked, mostly because it's implied that she's Roberta Warren from Z Nation.
- Funny Moments: One soldier is firing upon the sharks, only to be knocked out as one slams right into his head. He drops like a ton of bricks. And if you look closely, the gun barrel of the tank he's standing on bobs up and down when he falls, making it clear the whole thing's just a prop.
- An employee yells at the heroes for stealing the replica NASCAR's since she's afraid she'll lose her job. But she won't worry about that long.
- Genius Bonus: Anyone familiar with NASCAR will recognize that the NASCAR sequence uses digitally altered footage from the 2014 Coke Zero 400 and 2015 Daytona 500.
- MST3K Mantra: Dear God, this movie makes the first two look realistic by comparison. Probably intentional.
- So Bad, It's Good: Likely the intention.
- Surprisingly Improved Sequel: Not that the last movie wasn't funny, but Oh Hell No! seems to have taken its Narm Charm and ridiculous premise, and ran a marathon with it.
- Take That, Scrappy!: Brad Keselowski gets eaten by the sharks during his cameo with his teammate Joey Logano. Considering that Brad is one of the most reviled drivers as of now mainly due to his antics in the 2014 season (see NASCAR's YMMV page), this may be an example of this trope.
YMMV / Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No!