- Ending Fatigue: First, scrapped version of the ending. It drags for almost 10 minutes of Padding to drive exactly the same point home - that the uncles' stories were true. Even the Sheik personally shows up in it, just for the sake of being there.
- Moral Event Horizon: Walter's mother crosses this when she decides to have Stan stay with her, even though he almost killed her own son. She possibly crossed it even earlier, when she allowed Stan to take Walter out to the barn. She clearly knew what was going to happen, but let it happen anyway. Mitigated a little by the following scene where she relents and allows Walter to stay with his great uncles. While it by no means redeems her, it at least shows that she is aware of how terrible a mother she is and that letting Walter go is best for everyone.
- It's possible, however, that when Stan "asked" Walter for a "man-to-man talk", she went to get help, as she clearly lacked both willpower and physical power to confront Stan herself. After all, she did get into the house somehow, where she emerged from a bit later, along with Hub and Garth.
- Several bits were also changed from the scene as originally shot which made it clear they're deliberately scamming Walter together, as the only way we could possibly buy her Heel Realization.
- Tear Jerker: Jasmine's death while trying to protect Walter.
YMMV / Secondhand Lions