- Broken Base:
- Should Adam be able to rig the Gmod Murder! games or not? Granted, they're normally funny anyway.
- He also gets a fair amount of flak for how he plays TTT. (Basically, trying to act like Adam on a regular TTT server will get you banned pretty quickly, given how Adam is just playing with a small group of friends that can tolerate his antics, not playing with potentially dozens of strangers on a public server.)
- The recent collaborations with VanossGaming and associated YouTubers has split the fanbase between those who think that it's a good thing and the ones who don't.
- Adam's occasional use of "noclip" has been a bit controversial as well.
- Crosses the Line Twice:
ChilledChaos: Death to America!
- It's not unusual for various players in TTT, Nanners included, to pretend that as the traitor, they have become very anti-American. It becomes rather funny after a while.
- This video, recorded in Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army 2, has Adam spawn in as a Nazi, causing him to have to constantly deny being a Nazi in real life. He gets accused of working for the titular enemies, killing Jews and stealing art.
- Most of the Cards Against Humanity videos run off this, due to the source material.
- Foe Yay: Plenty of people seem to enjoy hinting at the idea of a an Adam and Max(Gassy Mexican) appropriately called Sea Mexican
- Friendly Fandoms: With Captain Sparklez and Gassy Mexican, primarily.
- Memetic Molester: Adam jokingly portrays himself this way when playing "The Hidden". Certain videos take this trend and invoke it, with him half naked and ambushing Renee in the loo, then licking a guy's butt in the first, while jokingly admitting to touching another player in the night in the second.
- Memetic Mutation:
- Various quotes have become rather popular, such as "Death to America", or "Never Trust Nanners".
- Most of the quotes in "Hunted By Morgan Freeman" have become popular memes in the Nanners community.
- Paranoia Fuel: The guys were hit by this hard In-Universe, after finding out that Adam could rig the Gmod Murder games by picking who gets to be the murderer and had been for a long time before that. They have since decided to give the server responsibilities to Max (Gassy Mexican), since he's less likely to do this. This has since caused many commentators on the various videos to panic, as quite a few are wondering if their friends have done it to them.
- "Stop Having Fun" Guys:
- Some people had this reaction after they learned that Adam can rig the Gmod Murder games by picking who gets to be the murderer, and beforehand, he would actually do this a lot without telling anyone. Ironically, Captain Sparklez, Gassy and even Goldy have said repeatedly online that it's all in good fun (as annoyed as they may have been) and that people shouldn't take it so seriously.
- A slightly more justified example would be Adam's constant use of RDM for comedy note in Murder or Trouble in Terrorist Town. While most fans accept that he's perfectly entitled to do this on his own server with people whom he is friends with, the problem is that his fanbase are even less mature than he is and will do this on public servers with strangers, something that is viewed as annoying and an offence so great that you can be permabanned instantly. Heck, some fans even want him to stop doing it on his own server.
- Much like RDM, Adam's occasional use of "noclip" note has been very controversial. This is something that fortunately cannot be copied as easily.
YMMV / SeaNanners