- Alternative Character Interpretation: Double-Edged here, the Mystery Machine while monstrous crashes into a stand of Scrappy Dolls
- Is this a direct joke by simply having Scrappy dolls ran over being a Take That! against Scrappy?
- Is it the fact that it was the mystery machine being hijacked by evil that does it a Take That! against fans who would have to be monsters to attack Scrappy?
- Or is it just a gag that people are only thinking of as a Take That! because it's The Scrappy. Given What's New, Scooby-Doo? had the Roller Ghoster crash into dolls of other Hanna Barbera characters several years ago, and this movie clearly being inspired by Scrappy-era movies was a Shout-Out with nothing more intended.
- Designated Villain: Krudsky is treated like crap by both the gang and Fairy Princess Willow even before he does anything villainous. In fact, it's this that motivates his evil plot in the first place. Yes, he was a Jerkass, but even so...
- Apparently he was treated like crap all his career, and Scooby and Shaggy's payback was the last straw. Making him a Jerkass Woobie.
- Unintentionally Sympathetic: Krudsky may be a jerk himself and doesn't even think twice about causing havoc with his new power, but him being treated like a joke for his entire career, having his act ruined and getting put out of a job by Shaggy and Scooby solely because he doesn't allow dogs, and getting harassed by Fairy Princess Willow without even doing anything to her, it's hard to not feel a little bad for him. Heck, you might even end up wanting to take his side!
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: Instead of repeating the Shaggy and Scooby dressing as Daphne and Velma (respectively) gag (from Scooby-Doo! Pirates Ahoy! ), the writers could've had the potions turn them into Gender Bender versions of themselves, and have them wear off before they escape with the scepter.
- Velma, Fred, and Daphne are turned into a werewolf, a vampire, and a witch respectively. That sounds like an awesome plot point, but the problem is we never see them actually do anything as monsters. It would've been nice to see them go on a rampage or something, but they just practically transform and then are transformed back.
YMMV / Scooby-Doo! and the Goblin King