- Awesome Music: The Big-Band style theme song. It will NEVER get out of your head either.
- Earworm: The show's theme song. But in other cases, there are a lot of people that find it incredibly annoying.
- Genius Bonus: In "The Corgin", Dave paints a green clog and calls it "Voices of Flame", an allusion to the similarly minimalist Voice of Fire.
- Growing the Beard: The very early episodes weren't that impressive, but after a while the humor became more solid and characters were given more development. It's a shame Cartoon Network gave up on it so quickly.
- Moral Event Horizon: Nestor crosses this in The Stackinator where he replaces Scaredy with a machine.
- Most Annoying Sound: Scaredy scat-singing in the theme song can be grating on the ears.
- Popular with Furries: Other than the few that remember this show out of nostalgia, the cast is a World of Funny Animals, so there's bound to be a handful of furries that like the main characters for that.
- Stupid Sexy Flanders: Nestor, Full Stop.
- Suspiciously Similar Song: The "Scaredy Squirrel Safety Corner" segments are accompanied by an arrangement of "Theme to 'A Summer Place'". It also sounds similar to "Hey! Pachuco!" by Royal Crown Revue.
- Tear Jerker: The Stackinator episode where Scaredy gets replaced by a machine. In particular, the scene where he sits outside the store and lets a few tears roll down his face. He most definitely counts as The Woobie after that episode. The end part where Scaredy and Dave melt the blocks of ice with their hugs is a Heartwarming Moment.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks!: A good number of people that hate this show hate it because it has nothing in common with the books it's based off. Ironically though, Melanie Watts, the person who wrote the books, contributed to the cartoon, helping with writing many of the episodes and other elements.
- They Copied It, So It Sucks!: Most people that hate this show claim this show to be a rip-off of Spongebob Squarepants because of how identical the characters are. But in reality, other than having the characters have somewhat similar personalities, the two cartoons don't have very much in common, as the character personalities are very different than the ones in Spongbob:
- Sure, the titular character, Scaredy, has a low-end job like Spongebob, but he also has a case of Super OCD and he's not almost constantly in a positive mood.
- Dave is a little bit like Patrick, not being very bright and all that, but if he isn't usually by Scaredy, he's hanging around his job. And its also been shown that while he usually acts like an idiot, he does have quite a few moments of sanity. Some could even argue that he's smarter than Patrick.
- Furthermore, the Hungarian casting director managed to give Scaredy the same voice as SpongeBob!
- Ugly Cute: Dave. Just look at that soft, bushy, huggable tail of his. And he's a skunk!
- Chip the chubby-faced little squirrel in "Camp and Consequences".
YMMV / Scaredy Squirrel