- Awesome Art: The game's distinguished and beautiful hand painted water color 2D backgrounds give an unique identity to it.
- Awesome Music: The soundtrack was composed by Masashi Hamauzu. You can find the SaGa Awesome Music page here.
- Demonic Spiders: Early on, in the Ruins of Hahn, Wil's party can encounter Ghosts if you decide to fight ghouls as a team rather than in a duel. Ghosts are incredibly nasty, as they are immune to physical attacks and possess the dreaded "Death Touch" attack, which inflicts instant K.O. For this reason, it is advised to avoid fighting ghouls as a team, or to avoid fighting them at all.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Cordelia is either killed off or ends up being Demoted to Satellite Love Interest. She's only in for the 1st generation and did not come back unlike Wil. In the grand scheme of things, she's probably not as important as the protagonistic Knights family member or even Gustave's circles. And yet she's one of the more known non-main characters amongst the fandom and often given the Fan-Preferred Couple treatment.
- Fan-Preferred Couple: Despite official plans of Labelle becoming Wil's official wife, fans are more inclined to pair him with Cordelia since she had more development while Labelle's got cut off. This ends up culminating with how Cordelia is one of Saga Frontier 2's main representatives (for Wil's saga anyway) in Imperial SaGa side-by-side with the other Knights' family (Wil, Rich and Ginny) in the main character page.
- Gustave's steel items have insane levels of both physical and magical defense (with the downside of never being able to cast magic when you're equipped with it, but you hardly need to) and can do more damage than anything else; having steel troops in a battle pretty much guarantees victory. (It's also an In-Universe game breaker, as Gustave's use of steel gives him dominance over the other kingdoms.)
- Some characters are very limited when it comes to weapon skills, since if they don't have an high enough Weapon Skill Regeneration (something which can't be enhanced in any way), they will quickly end up unable to perform more moves without sacrifying Life Points (something which can lead to their death - and by death, we don't mean exhaustion which can be cured with a resurrection spell). Hence, characters with a high Weapon Skill Regeneration's score are the best weapon users, and are essential in a team, since weapon arts will outclass anima arts more often than not (unless you level-grind your animas masteries like crazy, or you use the hidden Hybrid Arts), and are quite easy to combo with. Also, Weapon Skill Regeneration is closely tied to one's character age: the younger they are, the better their regeneration is. That's why characters like Gustave and Ginny are that powerful: they can deal damage like crazy and never get tired. And then, you have Diana, with a wooping regeneration score of 5 (the one and only character to possess such an high score), making her virtually the best fighter in the game. Too bad she's only usable in one occasion...
- Equipment adds SP. After battles, if your SP fell below the total sum of SP added by your equipment, then your SP returns to that value. Hybrid Arts are powerful, allow you to also train anima levels, and work off of SP instead of WP. Use of Hybrid Arts in dungeons makes warriors stronger and lets them save WP for bosses. And since spells grow stronger as current SP decreases, mages can and should use their absolute biggest spell in every random battle.
- Player Punch: An optional example is Cordelia's death during 'Inflitrate! Alexei Gang', since it occurs if the player uses her for the solo mission in that scenario... Which an unwary player might do because they like her. Whoops.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: The relationship between Leslie and Gustave. Even though the two of them were childhood friends who were always bickering, it's obvious to everyone that despite their bickering, both of them actually cared for each other and even more. In fact it was Leslie that convince Gustave to reconcile with his siblings. It's too bad the game skipped it and never mentions if their relationship went further. If it did, it would have made a good love story and made it more heartbreaking if Leslie learns about Gustave's death.
- Too Cool to Live: Gustave XIII.
- Woolseyism: The French translation of the game took some liberties with some weapon and spell art names, which can be seen as improvements:
- Call Thunder becomes Chant de Thor (Thor's song).
- Heaven's Thunder becomes Tonnerre de Zeus (Zeus's Thunder), a French expression.
- Heart Beat becomes Tachycardie (Tachycardia).
- Regenerate becomes Majesté vitale (Vital majesty).
- Head Splitter becomes En pleine tête (which could be roughly translated as Headshot), which match the attack's effects perfectly.
- Painful Beat becomes Aîe Aîe Aîe (Ouch Ouch Ouch).
- Guard Beast becomes Cerbère (Cerberus). Cerberus is the guardian of hell's gates, and since the spell effects summon the head of a wolf-like beast which can block attacks directed at your character, the translation was rather clever.
YMMV / SaGa Frontier 2