- Crazy Awesome: The primary source of enjoyment from this mod is simply due to how ludicrous it can get.
- Complacent Gaming Syndrome: There's nothing stopping you from sticking with your favorite weapon of the bunch and powering through a campaign using just that weapon.note
- Good Bad Bugs: Sometimes it's hard to tell whether or not it's a feature. However, there is one such technique who's intentionality is dubious at best: Dodging the Gopnik's nuke mode by jumping. Provided it detonates below your feet, and is at a minimum horizontal distance away from you, you'll take ZERO damage.
- HSQ: Playing Russian Overkill for the first time WILL blow your mind to the edge of the solar system. Playing it more after that still provides glorious amounts of entertainment. The sheer amount of content present is mind-boggling. Highlights include:
- Your first time killing yourself with the more powerful weapons. The quotient increases exponentially depending on what power of 10 your hit points are at.note
- Pushka is a man-portable tank gun. What makes this Holy Shit-worthy? This is a shotgun replacement. That's right, a man-portable tank gun is considered lower tier.
- The Obliterator, being a minigun that shoots miniature carpet-bombing jet planes.
- Quad-wielding quad-barrelled shotguns!
- AAAATAAA- ATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATA
- Deploying a shotgun-shell orchestra with the Pantokrator. Bonus points if you sync the orchestral hits with your primary fire, considering the weapon sounds like a damn howitzer. It's what Tchaicovsky would've wanted.
- THE FUCKING HINDENBURG TWO BEACON.
- ALL of the superweapons' alt fire modes are truly awe-inspiring, especially those BFGs' with their respective Amplifier Artifact activated.
- Rocket-jumping off a NUCLEAR EXPLOSION SO HARD YOU GET SENT TO THE NEXT LEVEL.
- Stealth Pun: The Colonel Pillzkanone rapidly shoots bouncing, exploding pills. A "Pill-o-Blaster", if you will.
YMMV / Russian Overkill