- Awesome Music: The soundtrack as a whole is top-notch: special mention goes to the final boss theme, as the track matches the all-or-nothing concept of the battle perfectly.
- Game-Breaker: There are several:
- The Shadow Servant Lunar Magic allows you to attack 2 times in one turn.
- The Silver Hand allows any character (except Charl, who uses it to make up for past injuries) to attack twice in one turn provided it is not a 2-handed weapon.
- There is also the Revive Fire Magic, which instantly resurrects a fallen character.
- Genbu Arts has the Water Column Water Magic, which provides a shield from the final attack that would KO you and damage your Life Points, and the Hasten Time Water Magic, which always allows you to get the first hit on the enemy.
- The most notorious one is Dragon's Descent Rukh (named "Zo" in some translations or "Elephant" in the Japanese version). Dragon's Descent is a Soryu magic art that allows the caster to use Spells and Skills without any cost, but the drawback is that the caster will lose 1 LP per hit they take. Ruhk has over 30 LP, perhaps the highest quantity in the franchise behind Coppelia, who has a whopping 99.
- That One Boss:
- Yami, and an even bigger offender is Forneus.
- Aunas, too, if you opted to not go for a magic-based party or lack long-range attacks.
- What an Idiot!: Katarina and how she loses the Masquerade; her beloved "Mikhail" (actually a thief named Jackal in disguise) approaches her in town at night, says some sweet words, and then asks for the legendary blade, which is given without question or suspicion until it's too late and he runs off with it.
YMMV / Romancing SaGa 3