- Alas, Poor Scrappy: While most hated the mere sight of it, some have expressed that they still would have liked to play an American release, which won't happen due to the game ceasing operations.
- Americans Hate Tingle: In Japan, Xover hit #3 of iTunes' Top Free Apps and at least #63 of iTunes' Top Grossing Apps. Americans, who are still really sore about Capcom submarining various Mega Man projects back in 2011, have unleashed gargantuan levels of vitriol against it, so much so that Capcom decided not to release it in the Americas.
- Ensemble Dark Horse:
- Fridge Logic: OVER-1 is said to be a new Reploid in the storyline, but the definition of a Reploid according to X is any android replicated from X's original design. Does this mean this takes place after X was sealed away by Dr. Light? Also, if we're to take Maverick Hunter X as canon, Light seems to be on the verge of death after completing X if that's the case.
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: Jump 'N' Shoot Man.
- Tainted by the Preview: At first, all because it's a social RPG on iOS. But then it went From Bad to Worse once the gameplay was shown at TGS 2012... Frustratingly, it seems to be every bit as awful as the trailer suggested. Upon the game's actual release, it's been confirmed multiple times.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: Some fans are accusing this, as it's a crossover between all of the Mega Men...on iOS, a casual social RPG, and is using the Off-Model art style of the Mega Man X iOS port.
- Compounding this, the Mega Men that OVER-1 set out to rescue? Completely absent (not counting Battle Memory and that one set of armour). And on top of that, all the series are kept as rigidly separate as possible, with only a single connecting element (OVER-1) to indicate that there's a crossover going on at all.
YMMV / Rockman Xover