- Awesome Music: None other than the vastly overqualified Elmer Bernstein (no, seriously) did the music for this movie, (during a period where he had been blacklisted and was forced to work on smaller B-Movies) and delivers a jangly, impressively spooky title theme that is so very much better than the movie deserves.
- Critical Backlash: A viewer finally watching the movie after hearing its bad reputation may be surprised at how good it is. Aside from Ro-Man's improbable design, many an unbiased viewer would wonder exactly how this deserves its reputation as one of the worst movies ever made, between generally solid acting, competent direction and sound design (the C-Ray is a simple but effective trick), and Bernstein's excellent score.
- Funny Moments:
- As inappropriate as it sounds, the Professor's speech at Carol's funeral is one of the funniest parts of the film.
- The little boy is hilariously stoic and indifferent at his own sister's funeral. The fact that this is All Just a Dream of his is a little unsettling.
- Moral Event Horizon: Attempted with Ro-Man murdering a little girl. However, that girl is so incredibly annoying that it counts as more of a Take That, Scrappy! moment.
- Narm Charm: Pretty much the whole thing.
- Nightmare Retardant: How could we ever think of Ro-Man as scary?
- Nightmare Fuel: Surprisingly on first views, he actually can. Thankfully very downplayed in this case.
- Padding: Ro-Man goes up a hill. Ro-Man goes down a hill. This repeats for ten minutes.
- Retroactive Recognition: The film's score is an early effort by renowned composer Elmer Bernstein, who would later go on to score such classics as The Magnificent Seven (1960), To Kill a Mockingbird, and Ghostbusters (1984)
- So Bad, It's Good: One of the classic examples.
- Special Effects Failure: The best effects the movie has is the "Billion Bubble Machine" (which had its own credit) and using a negative of the film spliced in at certain parts.
- Not to mention the toy rocket with a sparkler in its butt and the very obvious hand spinning it around in circles.
YMMV / Robot Monster