- And You Thought It Would Fail: While the game was laughed at prior to release for its unusual peripheral and bizarre idea of RPG gameplay with a focus on fitness, many have been shocked to see that it's not only functional but incredibly fun, with some people even calling for the player character's inclusion as DLC in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
- Draco in Leather Pants: According to Nintendo, Dragaux is an overly competitive Jerk Jock that represents the worst parts of gym culture. According to a lot of Dragaux's fans, Dragaux is just a softie who wants you to exercise; if anything, the protagonist is the real villain who does not let Dragaux exercise in peace! Vindicated in the ending, as he ends up being a lovable guy after freeing him from his dark influence.
- Just Here for Godzilla: There's a significant crowd that only knows anything about this game because of Dragaux.
- LGBT Fanbase: Dragaux's muscular physique has made him popular with gay men. The male protagonist's clean and refined build is also worth noting.
- Memetic Mutation: Fans making plenty of jokes about the "Speedruns" for the entire game.
- Memetic Psychopath: Thanks to a combination of the minimalistic house set and the hosts' bizarre expressions, the live-action Western advertisement for the game immediately led to numerous good-natured memes about them being a front for some kind of cult or (the male host in particular) being a psychopathic ax murderer. Comparisons to an episode of Black Mirror were not uncommon either.
- Popular with Furries: Furries immediately descended on this game like a horde of locusts the moment that images of the buff, skimpily-dressed Dragaux were revealed.
- Self Fan Service: Some fan-artists turn Dragaux's hand puppet/trash can lid face into a more conventional snout.
- That One Sidequest: One quest involves collecting every token in Dreadmill. The problem is Dreadmill is one of the hardest minigames to play because controlling your speed is very difficult, the tokens come in rows that require you to maintain a certain speed, and you have to time your jumps just right to collect the airborne tokens.
YMMV / Ring Fit Adventure