- Acceptable Targets: Considers James Rolfe, Doug Walker, and anyone associated with the sites ScrewAttack and Channel Awesome as this.
- Broken Base:
- His humor is well-written Black Comedy and also sticks to the subject matter vs his humor is unfunny as well as quite bigoted and childish.
- His "Review a Reviewer" series is a good opportunity to warn people of when reviews go wrong vs. his "Review a Reviewer" series is nothing more than an excuse to Accentuate the Negative on easy targets.
- His Review a Reviewer episode on Nostalgia Critic and Angry Video Game Nerd have had arguments in the comment sections.
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: His "Steel Beth" parody of Iron Liz can be seen as this, as Liz would later reveal that she is actually transgender.
- Genius Bonus: A parody of himself appeared in a video where he is called "MRavel2". Asalieri is named after Antonio Salieri. This MRavel2 is named after Maurice Ravel, who is also a classical music composer.
- Harsher in Hindsight:
- Asa's video about Arcadeic (RAR #24) was flagged by the latter. He revealed that it was because he was harassed in real life by a stalker and thought that the RAR gave him negative exposure. Asa then did a comedy skit video where he plays a deranged stalker harassing a parody of Arcadeic "The Budweiser Gamer" - played by Asa's friend Kyle - because "MRavel2" reviewed him. Later in real life, Kyle and Asa had a falling-out; Kyle refused any contact with Asa, and Asa aggressively tried to join him to discuss, in a way that has been described as stalkerish.
- Nausea Fuel: In RAR #40, Asa compares the sounds JoeysWorldTour makes as he eats food to the sounds a pig makes when giving birth, followed by showing live footage of a pig engaging in reproduction... all the way through.
- Never Live It Down: Even after all these years, Asa's still remembered for being accused of:
- Claiming that Elisa on the set of Kickassia was "crucified upside-down"... an incident which was ironically used as an argument against Channel Awesome years later in the "Not So Awesome"/"Change The Channel" controversy.
- Being jealous of the success of Channel Awesome's reviewers in general, and which is what drove him to "review reviewers". When the website's "Change The Channel/Not So Awesome" controversy happened, he gloated about how he "told you so".
- Stalking his former friend Kyle after the latter cut bridges with him.
- Transphobic comments towards Iron Liz.
- Repeatedly talking about how cash-strapped he is and having to work as a Spanish tutor to earn extra money... yet he is also seen taking yearly trips around the world to places like Scotland and Peru. Making it worse is how verbal he is with his disgust towards other reviewers who raise a stink about viewers using ad blockers to demonetize their videos.
- Reviews Are the Gospel: Asa does this a lot of times.
- "Weird Al" Effect: His parodies of JFreeDan's weight-losing exercises and Iron Liz's reviews are still online while the original videos are difficult to find.
YMMV / Reviewing a Reviewer