- Acceptable Targets: The team has to rescue an overweight, white, balding, jerkass senator with questionable connections to big business. And he's innocent. Well, maybe not of the insider trading, but of the "releasing the T-virus" bit. He's still an Asshole Victim though.
- Awesome Music: "Guilty", the ending theme by Anna Tsuchiya. Incidentally, she also did the ending theme for Resident Evil: Damnation.
- Complete Monster: Dr. Frederic Downing, a member of WilPharma, is the one behind the events of the movie. Previously a scientist for Umbrella Corps who stole samples of the t and G-viruses before Raccoon City's annihilation, he planned to sell them and a vaccine through the black market as controllable, profitable bioweapons, later unleashing them on various countries as a way to pitch them to potential buyers. Finding a buyer in the form of General Miguel Grandé, he unleashed the t-virus onto Harvardville Airport that resulted in a zombie outbreak, blew up several vaccine trucks to disguise the incident as a terrorist attack, blew up a WilPharma building to kill Claire Redfield, and injected Curtis Miller with the G-virus, all as a way to create a pitch video for Grandé.
- Die for Our Ship: Angela, who in addition to being The Scrappy gets flak from Leon/Claire shippers and Leon/Ada shippers.
- Damsel Scrappy: Angela. She even mentions an incident where she impulsively dove into a river to save a child, resulting in three of her teammates getting injured when they had to save her.
- Harsher in Hindsight: In this movie, Curtis briefly regains control of himself as a G monster because he did not want to hurt Angela. This apparently led to William Birkin unable to stop himself from killing his own wife and impregnating his only daughter with the G embryo because he was conscious the whole time and was unable to do anything about it.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- Laura Bailey would go on to play another of Leon's partners, who was also a law enforcement officer and whose sibling succumbed to the virus.
- Roger Craig Smith, the VA to play Curtis, Angela's older brother and the main antagonist of the film, would later go on to play Chris Redfield, Claire's older brother and a main protagonist, one year later in Resident Evil 5.
- The movie revealed that ever since the end of Resident Evil Code: Veronica, Claire began working with a human rights group called Terra Save. Come 2018, an installment to another popular franchise would feature another Claire working with a similar group, only this one being focused on dinosaurs.
- Memetic Mutation: Caused a minor one in the fanbase involving Claire's Friend to All Children status thanks to her going spectacularly Mama Bear to protect Rani. Some fans believe she pretty much ends up finding nothing but kids to protect from zombie outbreaks.
- Narm Charm: Leon, while pinned down, tosses Claire his handgun. Claire spin kicks a nearby zombie, catches the gun with some unnecessary flipping and kills four zombies in a row without missing. You would think that she would take care of the one pinning Leon down, but he flips it over and pulls out his second pistol. This is equal parts cheesy and awesome as hell.
- Tear Jerker: When he has Angela cornered, a G-Virus infected Curtis sees a picture of the two of them that she dropped and regains his humanity long enough to tell Angela he doesn't want to hurt her and to run.
- Uncanny Valley: Though the animation is pretty alright, there are occassions where the l
- Unintentionally Unsympathetic: Curtis seems to be intended by the writers to be sympathetic, with his tragic backstory and the claims that he was "used". But his method of averting another tragedy like his own are to CAUSE more tragedies like his own, resulting in the deaths of many, many innocent people. It makes him seem incredibly stupid at best and outright evil at worst.
- WTH, Costuming Department?: Angela spends the epilogue in a rather hideous polka-dotted purple dress that shows off a lot of cleavage. In addition to letting her hair down, you'd be forgiven for thinking it was someone else.
YMMV / Resident Evil: Degeneration