- Alternative Character Interpretation: Is Zadie a lesbian (or bisexual woman) that's in love with Dylan? It's damn hard to say. Dylan says she's not, but Zadie's over-protectiveness of Dylan stems into obsession, and she's obviously very jealous of anyone else Dylan gets close to. And technically, Dylan never says Zadie isn't gay - she just says they were never together. It's entirely possible that Zadie has unrequited feelings for Dylan that Dylan either doesn't notice or chooses to ignore.
- Les Yay:
- Zadie and Dylan are so close, even Amelia wonders if there's something deeper there.
- Amelia's admiration of Dylan veers into this at times. Which turns out to be 100% intentional — Amelia's a lesbian.
- Moral Event Horizon: Zadie outing Amelia, which leads to her school-wide humiliation.
- The Woobie: Amelia and Kate, the former after she joins the Magpies and the latter after Amelia dies.
YMMV / Reconstructing Amelia