- Awesome Music: This game's intro features a death metal song called "Ashes" by Five Finger Death Punch. There really isn't a better song to suit a game like this!
- Complete Monster: Paulo Guerra is a jingoist revolutionary in an unnamed country who pursued a path of terrorism out of disgust for his country and the American influence on it. Guerra has the guards at the penitentiary he's imprisoned at massacred by his forces, and puts himself in a seat of power by kidnapping the President then torturing him into catatonia, having his iris agonizingly scanned to gain access to his country's nuclear codes. Turning his own country into a war-torn hellhole and even trying to provoke the American soldiers into slaughtering his own citizens to frame them in a bad light, Guerra finally reveals his intention to nuke America into oblivion, tying one of the heroes to the missile and even spitefully revealing he wired the detonator inside the man to force his allies to kill him for any chance of stopping the nuke.
- Goddamned Boss: Raptors. And the Giant Spider Tank / Giant Enemy Crab
- Goddamned Bats: The regular human terrorists that try to melee your character- they come in MASSIVE numbers, and attack very rapidly that you'll probably take a hit or two when you come out of hiding to fire at them. Raptors also qualify, with all that jumping about the entire place (while firing Beam Spam) making them hard to hit.
- Moral Event Horizon: Guerra's moment was sealed after taking Hunt hostage and strapping him to a missile and wired the detonator inside the man.
- Most Annoying Sound: Paulo Guerra's Evil Laugh.
- Most Wonderful Sound:
- "ALPHA 1, AWESOME!"
- "Alpha 1/2 finished off a HACS!"
- "All right Alpha 2, just keep doing what you're doing!"
- Nightmare Fuel: Stages 1 and 2 are a shopping mall and a village, respectively, both taken over by terrorists. This can be too close to comfort for those who live in or have lived in terrorist-infested regions.
- Sequelitis: Many people found the sequel game on the PS3 to be disappointing, as it's a bog standard First-Person Shooter with awkward Waggle which you use (all three are now discontinued) either Sixaxis, Playstation Move, or Guncon 3 motion functions to take cover (referred to as G Action).
- That One Level: Stage 3-1, the Sniping Mission. Kill every enemy without being spotted and it's over quick, but missing a single headshot will alert the enemy to your presence, and unless you can wipe out the alerted enemies in time, the game will go into a second firefight where you have to fight a lot more enemies, costing you your time bonus and probably a few lives.
YMMV / Razing Storm