- Adaptation Distillation: The Ramona and Beezus film takes plot elements from most of the books and keeps all the Age-Appropriate Angst and the drama, although the trailers emphasize the humor.
- Alternate Character Interpretation: When Henry agrees to play Joseph in the Christmas pageant despite being busy doing other things, is he just being agreeable (which would be in character) or is it because Beezus is playing Mary?
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Ramona herself, whose series is a spin-off of the Henry Huggins series. Additionally, the first book (Beezus and Ramona) was written from Beezus' perspective; Ramona simply took over the series thereafter.
- First Installment Wins: Averted, Ramona and Her Mother, Ramona Quimby: Age 8 and Ramona & Her Father are very well known.
- Fridge Brilliance: Can be found here
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Ramona often has ideas and behaviors that may be regarded as eccentric and offbeat by others. And she lives in Portland.
- Periphery Demographic: Adults. Technically, many kids would be older than Ramona if they're reading about her in her younger years (it's not like kindergartners or first-graders will be the ones reading Ramona the Pest or Ramona the Brave!). But adults find the books charming and nostalgic.
- Stuck in Their Shadow: Beezus, who gets a minimum number of plots compared to Ramona.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: Ramona's father once gets accepted for a job teaching in Oregon, and the possibility of moving and what it would mean for Ramona (leaving behind her friends, her school and even Picky-Picky's grave) is brought up. However, later on in the same book, Mr. Quimby reveals that he instead took a promotion to manager at the store where he's working.
- Toy Ship: Ramona with both Yardape and Howie. Beezus and Henry in the early books.
- The Woobie: To some extent, Davy in the first few books. He's slow to learn, and his parents later divorce.
- In Ramona the Pest, the student's have to draw a picture of their house. "Davy's house looked like a clubhouse built by some boys who had a few old boards and not enough nails. It leaned to one side in a tired sort of way."
- Ramona herself definitely counts as well during her Age-Appropriate Angst moments.
YMMV / Ramona Quimby