- Awesome Music: The opening definitely qualifies. Heck, it's even sung in Surprisingly Good English.
- The ending too.
- Catharsis Factor: After abusing all the inmates and causing one of them to commit suicide, seeing Sakuragi punch Ishihara, and later again by Mario more than counts as this. And if that wasn't good enough, seeing Ishihara later become a homeless and pathetic junkie is an absolute joy to see.
- After seeing Sasaki rape innocent inmates and being an all around creepy sick fuck, seeing him get exposed during a press conference for his crimes and then seeing him burst into tears and faint is just as amusing as it is satisfying.
- Complete Monster:
- Dr. Gisuke Sasaki, the doctor at the juvenile reform prison, hides behind the veneer of a kindly old man but in reality is a cruel sadist who regularly rapes attractive male prisoners, coerceing them by holding privileges and favors over their heads. One prisoner is eventually Driven to Suicide thanks to Sasaki's molestations. Sasaki schemes with the warden Ishihara to murder anyone who knows the truth and after leaving behind the prison, continues molesting young boys when conducting a political campaign.
- Warden Ishihara delights in exercising sadistic authority over the prisoners by regularly conducting beatings or giving out punishments that are massively out of proportion to minor offenses. He deliberately throws away a key during a fire to try to kill Sakuragi and later kills the honest guard Kumagai. Ishihara gives prisoners to Sasaki to rape and proposes murdering those who discover the truth to cover his tracks. When the initial hero, Sakuragi, finally defeats Ishihara, he gives the warden the evidence of Sasaki's crimes to make Ishihara leave his friends alone. Ishihara's response is to stab him.
- Moral Event Horizon:
- Sasaki's raping of inmates has pretty much put him across the line.
- Ishihara throwing away the key to 2-6 during the fire evacuation, only topped by his later action of killing Kumagai. Even Ishihara himself seems disturbed by the latter.
- The US Base Commander. Fans of anime and manga wouldn't mind if you are Cheating on his wife. Lying to your mistress about your desire to be with her and abandoning her is fine, but stealing her life-saving is not.
- Tear Jerker: It's classified as drama. Better bring tons of tissue paper with you to wipe off your tears.
- The Woobie: All of the main prisoners. Seriously.
- Iron Woobie: And yet, they take it all in stride.
YMMV / Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin