- Awesome Music:
- Island Door (Parenesian Circle) by Susumu Hirasawa. A tranquil, mystical track that serves as South Rengkok's background music. Its menacing second half plays over the final confrontation with Brother.
- The Reveal trailer using the atmospheric, Sidewalks and Skeletons' Forever is a pretty good choice.
- In fact most if not all of the songs made by the above artist and used in this game is a joy to listen to.
- 8.8: IGN's review gave RUINER a flat 6.0, knocking the game for being a mostly linear Beat 'em Up with a high level of difficulty, at odds with the positive reception from critics and the community.
- Friendly Fandoms: Fans of Hotline Miami really like this game.
- Magnificent Bitch: The mysterious, nameless hacker "HER" becomes an ally of The Protagonist, helping him rescue his kidnapped brother. Utterly ruthless in aiding him, she uses extreme methods: blackmailing and even using Electric Torture to extract information from their enemies. Revealed to have fabricated the kidnapping of the non-existent "brother", HER used the protagonist like an attack dog to remove enemies of the organization, HEAVEN, planning to betray and kill the leader of the organization. Although she is unrelenting in her methods, HER's masterplan is to destroy HEAVEN to free the countless innocents they have trapped in a nightmarish virtual reality and will not be taken from her noble goal.
- That One Boss:
- Naayak in the Furnace level is this to some people. On paper is easy to beat, but it's the vampires that screw you as you have to take them out quickly so you can keep stunning him, which gives him an opening to hit you with the railgun which chews through your health.
- Trafficking Cyborg in the Mother's Womb level is this because if you don't have a lot of opportunities to get more health during the fight and if he drains your health in the first stage, it will be a lot harder to beat him in his second and third form since he will become much faster and stronger.
YMMV / RUINER