- Ensemble Dark Horse: Ursus, the Gentle Giant family servant of Lygia, who ended up being so popular with audiences that Hollywood gave him his own movie.
- Moment of Awesome: Ursus wrestling down a bull, while Lygia is tied to the back of the beast.
- Moral Event Horizon:
- Nero crosses it when he burns Rome to sage his ego.
- Poppaea cross it when she suggests the Christians as scapegoats, out of spite for Marcus.
- Special Effects Failure: While undoubtedly impressive for the time, modern eyes may spot lots of obvious blue-screening, particularly during the chariot battle.
YMMV / Quo Vadis