- Awesome Music: "The Eyes that Don't Vanish", which is what netted in a lot of the fans in the first place.
- Genius Bonus: A lot of the pop culture and historical references are hard to get unless youre from a certain generation—as well as Japanese. It also helps to know the historical background of the Cold War and a bit about Russia. A lot of the VOCALOID references have become this too, as they deal with parts of early VOCALOID culture that are over a decade old (ex, early on Rin makes a pun on "I'll Miku Miku You", a song that newer VOCALOID fans are unlikely to have heard of).
- The Scrappy: Hatsune Miku is for the English fanbase, in large part because of bad fan translations and canon ambiguity which make it seem like she's a bad guy—in reality, she's just obsessed with Ronald.
- Squick: The teenage Len having an adult male lover earlier on in the series. Granted, he's a computer program, but still...
- The Woobie: Irina, the girl that committed suicide in the Russian era and whom Rin was originally programmed to be. She's a child soldier who was indoctrinated to kill people, and the depression that came with it messed her up so bad that she was addicted to drugs and homicidally unstable after the dog, her only source of happiness, was taken away. Ditto for her comrade, who was even too far gone compared to her—albeit he's more of a Jerkass Woobie.
- Teppannov, the assassin pursuing Elena. He was actually her childhood friend, who grew up all alone after separating from her because he couldn't speak Russian. He eventually becomes a hitman and has to hide his feelings, only expressing himself with the Vocaloid Hatsune Miku. By the end of the series, he's lost Elena and Miku, and he opts to commit suicide by firing at Putin in full view of his bodyguards.
- What Do You Mean, It Wasn't Made on Drugs?: The poor translations of the song series made it look plenty trippy, and even with decent translations there's a lot of oddities in the videos. The fact that the characters actually smoke weed and take other drugs doesn't help—however, Numtack05 himself is only confirmed a smoker.
YMMV / Putin-P