- Friendly Fandoms: Fans of PushingUpRoses also tend to be fans of Lazy Game Reviews due to both series having similar subject matters, along with their laid back manners. It also helps that the two have done frequent crossovers as well.
- Growing the Beard: While PushingUpRoses started off strong, over the years her videos have increased in quality. They have gone more in-depth about their subject matters, and the branching out from solely doing video games has helped to keep content on the channel fresh.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: During the TGWTG Charity Drive 2009 (start at 7:00), PushingUpRoses (back when she was still a commenter) donated enough money to get a call from Doug Walker and the rest of the crew. She jokingly asks if she could join the site. Doug helpfully explains they are full, and she could join in the year 2090 while Angry Joe and Spoony (who recognized the name and the bird tattoos) discuss how hot she is. She joined eighty years before said date...
- More Popular Spin-Off: That Time Murder, She Wrotenote has greatly eclipsed the rest of Roses' channel, and many people have found Roses through this series.
- This Is Your Premise on Drugs: She said playing Dropsy like playing Sam & Max Hit the Road while on LSD.
- What Do You Mean, It's for Kids?:
- She and Todd in the Shadows are surprised by some of the brutal things that happen in the Paintbrush Pals Peter Pan game, particularly painting a pirate yellow to turn him into sand which then blows away.
- It happened again with its follow-up, Around the World in 80 Days, where using Sally the spraycan in one scene results in a dog
bitingshoved up a character's ass.
- Paw and Rosie are shocked by a lot of the violence in, of all things, Captain Bible, in which strange creatures pop up who say a "Cyber Lie" which you must refute using a Bible verse you pick up in the game. However, after you recite the verse, you have to defeat the creatures, usually with a lot of stabbing, until they graphically explode. Subverted somewhat in that the two discover that you can turn off the violence in the game. However, it still stands that the game has a violent setting as default.
- The Woobie: Her Christmas special. She gets the door slammed in her face when she tries to go caroling and booed out of the room when she tries to go to the Channel Awesome Christmas party.
YMMV / Pushing Up Roses