- Awesome Music: The James Bond-esque opening theme.
- Enjoy the Story, Skip the Game: The game can be beaten in about an hour, but offers some interesting details to the setting of Psychonauts, along with the fact that it's the first official new story in the franchise in a little over a decade.
- It's Short, So It Sucks!: The game is barely over an hour long, if you know what you're doing, which is one of the biggest complaints about the game.
- Tear Jerker: Loboto's childhood was not a happy one. Anyone whose parents send them off to get lobotomized because of their psychic powers while calling them "little monster" and "devil child" can't have had a happy childhood.
- This can hit especially hard for players with mental disabilities whose parents treated them poorly as a result. One of Loboto's memories is of his parents arguing over him bending spoons with his mind with Loboto's father giving a cruel Hope Spot by saying that Loboto "Is our son". Given one of the possible roots of the myth of Changelings* , his mother's "Is he?" bites hard.
- What's more sad is both parents are clearly voiced by Loboto himself putting on voices, to the point where the subtitles refer to them as Loboto (Mom) and Loboto (Dad). He remembers what they said about him and what they did to him, but he can't remember their voices anymore.
YMMV / Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin