- Anvilicious: While no particular side in the war is implicated as the bad guy, the hits in the face as hard as it can with the message that War Is Hell. With the suffering of adorable animals.
- Harsher in Hindsight: Shortly after the pride is freed from the zoo, Safa tells the other lions that she'd rather stay locked away in captivity and die of old age as opposed to venturing out into the real world and dying much sooner. While she was being selfish at the time, her assumption about the pride perishing from leaving the zoo comes true.
- Memetic Mutation: The giraffe's head being blown off has been used in multiple manners, often to indicate misfortune suddenly befalling somebody to the shock of others.
- Narm: Many a reader had the wrong reaction to the lion-rapin'.
- The death of the giraffe when the bombing begins.
- Fajer the bear's bottom lip looks as if some other animal had tried to rip it off. As a result, it's permanently hanging open and exposing part of his gums. However, the lips of bears arent attached to their gums, meaning they can pull all sorts of facial expressions.◊
YMMV / Pride of Baghdad