- Awesome Music: Of course, including "Every Six Minutes" and the ballad Jacki writes for the funeral. The final performance, when Jacki nails the guitar solo, doubles as a Moment of Awesome.
- Fanservice: the scene early on between Jacki and Jessica. Also many of Jacki's outfits. Becomes Fan Disservice when creepy Nick does his "sexy dance."
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment : The discussion between Jacki and Tracy. Tracy leaves Nick at the house after he wants to act out his rapist fantasy. Tracy shoots him because her fantasy is to kill anyone who tries. This causes Nick to pee his pants. Quickly turns into a Mood Whiplash when Nick violently rapes and beats Sally a little while later.
- Harsher in Hindsight : An in-universe example, along with some Foreshadowing. When Jacki says that nothing is worse than growing old, Faith says not growing old is worse. Faith is hit by a car and dies shortly thereafter.
- Hollywood Homely: Discussed on the DVD. Drea de Matteo did her own hair and makeup and perpetually looks hung over, but because it's Drea de Matteo (!) it doesn't matter. At one point, the director says "This is what women look like when they've been up all night," but both Jacki and Tracy look better than most women do after a day at the spa.
- Ho Yay: Quite a bit between Jacki and Tracy. Tracy even lampshades this when she jokes that she's in love with Jacki. Jacki is unimpressed.
- Narm : Especially after Sally gets raped, most of the characters get moments of this.
- What Happened to the Mouse? : After they dump Nick and he gets rolled on the street, he's never mentioned again.
- The Woobie: Poor Sally. Not only does she get raped, but her girlfriend is killed as well. Don't forget her molester-father (or stepfather) and her big brother in jail. Subverted when she rocks out on her drums and it's hard to feel anything but awe for her.
YMMV / Prey for Rock & Roll