- Angst? What Angst?: Power Girl is arguably the worst case of Death by Origin Story in the DCU. Her entire reality was erased from existence, everyone is gone. Superman has his Earth parents and his cousin, Batman has Alfred and the Robins, Kara has no one, she is alone in the universe. It's a credit to Kara that she can function at all.
- Base-Breaking Character: Power Girl is either a fun, likable and underrated superheroine with more depth to her than many people realize or nothing more than fanservice with little to no depth behind her.
- Broken Base: The boob window. It's either too iconic to be removed or an embarrassing, shamefully exploitative part of Power Girl's costume that makes it impossible for audiences to taker her seriously.
- Best Known for the Fanservice: Pretty much her existence in a nutshell. Her Most Common Superpower is by far her defining trait (the "Boob Window" of her costume doesn't help), and every single article about her online or in comics-related media will comment on her chest.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Power Girl is not a top hero in the greater DCU, but fans love her and many feel she's underused.
- Iron Woobie: Pre-New 52 Kara, natch. She lost pretty much everything, her home, her family, her best friend, her entire universe... then during Infinite Crisis she relearns who she is, finds her cousin again... only for him to be beaten to death by an evil counterpart of his and die in her arms, leaving her alone again. And yet she still soldiers on.
- Les Yay:
- Her friendship with the Earth 2 Huntress/Helena Wayne is full of this, both the original and New 52 versions.
- Back in her solo series, there was a lot of this between Kara/Power Girl and Atlee/Terra, with a bit of Precocious Crush subtext on the part of the latter. There was a bit of Foe Yay between Kara and Satanna, though in more of a Combat Sadomasochist way.
- Narm Charm: The famous boob window has become such a big part of her character and charm that both fans and writers violently object whenever DC tries to get rid of it.
- Never Live It Down: No matter what she does, or how well a character she's written, Power Girl will always be mostly known as the patron saint of Gag Boobs.
- Replacement Scrappy: The new Power Girl, Tanya Spears is already on her way to becoming this. Mainly because she has little-to-nothing to do with Kara, yet is still using the name. Her design and concept is liked, but the sheer fact that she's taken the Power Girl title and Kara has been Put on a Bus in favor of her has made fans resent the character. Also she's a case of Affirmative Action Legacy, making it look like DC has only introduced the character in a desperate attempt to look progressive, similar to Wally West's random Race Lift over in The Flash.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks!: World's Finest is this incarnate; make the totally heroic Power Girl a dodgy Anti-Hero, change her costume and remove the most famous aspects of said costume, and team her up with Huntress when Power Girl has always been a solo hero... it's like DC wanted to use a different character entirely before deciding to slap Power Girl's name onto it.
- Her post-World's End interpretation, who is absurdly hostile to everybody including Huntress (and this attitude created a Relationship Reset Button with Lor-Zod, which some people actually had come to like) doesn't has many fans, to put it nicely.
- And not long before that, Judd Winick's run immediately followed up on Jimmy Palmiotti's, replacing energetic fun with a far more serious and long winded conspiracy story that was more interested in tieing into Justice League: Generation Lost than Power Girl.
- What the Hell, Costuming Department?: Power Girl's New 52 costume got this reaction from fans. Even when she went back to the more classic looks, the fact that very shortly afterwards to honor a fallen Superman, the version of her home universe that had (alongside Lois Lane) raised her from the moment she arrived to Earth (seriously, she saw Lois as a second mother because of this) she put the "S"-shield where the "boob window" normally is made people explode.
YMMV / Power Girl