- Ear Worm: Seeing as the show only has four pieces of background music that are repeated to no end, they're kind of "forced earworms".
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Kedamono, a (mostly) innocent Butt-Monkey with an interesting design.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: The show seems to have a sizable fanbase in the west, even though it never aired outside of Japan (and isn't really commercially marketable in the West). Case in point, Toby Fox (creator of Undertale), is a noted fan of the show, and in turn Popee's director Ryuji Masuda is an Undertale fan (itself a case of Germans Love David Hasselhoff in Japan), so much so that Ryuji's wife drew fanart of Sans hanging out with Popee.
- Ho Yay: Papi has a tendency to get involved in this (the milk dance, anyone?).
- Memetic Molester: The Anime-Planet.com forums tend to link Popee and Papi with various forms of rape and sodomy.
- Nightmare Fuel: You have to see it to believe it.
- The Scrappy: Popee, a none too sympathetic Heroic Comedic Sociopath.
- So Bad, It's Good: The bizarre animation, writing, and character designs gave it a fanbase (though whether it's ironic or not depends on the person).
- Special Effect Failure: Nary a minute goes by without awkward movement or clipping.
- Uncanny Valley: Most of the "human" characters fall into this.
- What Do You Mean, It's for Kids?: Good Lord, just look at the page image, and say that isn't blood.
- The Wiki Rule: One just as bizarre as the show.note
YMMV / Popee the Performer