- Awesome Music: The Police Squad! theme by Ira Newborn. It's so awesome, it doubles as The Naked Gun theme.
- DVD Commentary: Unfortunately the commentary for the DVD release of Police Squad! is pretty boring - they hadn't seen the series for a while and spend more time laughing at the jokes and saying how wet behind the ears they were than letting you know anything interesting. They only offer it on three out of the total of six episodes, too - and not even the best ones. They spend half the time talking about how they had to fight against having a Laugh Track added - and then annoyingly their commentary is mostly... a laugh track.
- Narrowed It Down to the Guy I Recognize: Parodied, where the guest star shows up for about half a minute and dies in a single, separate scene that's part the beginning credits; Once an Episode.
- Retroactive Recognition: One of the protection racket gangsters in Episode 3 is Robert Costanzo, who'd have a very prolific voice acting career starting in the late 20th century. Cartoon fans will recognize him as the voice of Harvey Bullock in Batman: The Animated Series and video game fans will know him as Joe Barbaro from Mafia II.
- "Seinfeld" Is Unfunny: Not literally (it's very funny) but comedy tropes like the Funny Background Event, Visual Pun, Literal-Minded, and The Cameo have been used a lot by The Simpsons and Family Guy so it's easy to forget this show came before those. Plus Ted's various strange scientific demonstrations to little Katie are essentially the same joke as Troy McClure and Little Timmy, only done a decade earlier.
- Vindicated by History: A big agreed factor in the show's failure is that audiences at the time weren't prepared at all for a show you had to pay close attention to at all times, which has become much more common since.
- The Woobie: Jill, the dance teacher who gets beaten up by the two goons when she can't afford to pay for their protection racket. Fortunately, Frank kicks the crap out of them both with her help near the end of the episode.
YMMV / Police Squad!