- Accidental Innuendo: I'm sorry, but Magnemite bondage...?
- Americans Hate Tingle: In Japan, Shaymin is considered one of the best characters in the movie. However, America's point-of-view of it (namely, a smug, selfish and cocky brat) is less than admiring.
- Creepy Awesome: Giratina, the giant, satanic Dracolich that helps defeat Zero.
- Draco in Leather Pants: Zero's one of the few movie antagonists to get much in the way of a sympathetic backstory, but some fans use it as an excuse for all his actions, up to and including attempting to destroy the world from the Reverse World.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Many fans agree that Regigigas has one of the best scenes in the movie.
- Fashion-Victim Villain: No-one would hold it against you if, upon looking at Zero's design and that of his ridiculous jumpsuit, you thought it was someone's Giratina gijinka fanart ripped from DeviantArt.
- Foe Yay: There was something going on between Zero and Newton Graceland. After Zero's early FaceHeel Turn, there is considerable Foe Yay between the two
- Hilarious in Hindsight: After accusations from Moral Guardians that Pokemon encourages children to worship the devil, there's some irony to be had in Ash and friends befriending the Pokemon equivalent to Satan.
- Narm: Just about everything related to Zero. His speech is really off, and a lot of it is because he emphasizes and stretches random words and syllables. And his ridiculous jumpsuit makes it impossible to take him seriously even when the movie wants you to. Even the fact that he's named Zero provokes some chuckling, as it really completes the whole "thirteen-year-old's first OC" feeling to him even if you aren't a Mega Man X fan.
- Nightmare Fuel:
- Do not piss off Giratina, for it will stalk you...and then drag you into its twisted screwed up world and try to kill you.
- In the manga version, it is implied that Zero dies when the Mecha Giratina is frozen in the glacier; becomes kind of a Tear Jerker when you realized Newton has disappeared after Ash returns from the reverse world...
- The pictures of the town getting crushed by the glacier.
- The Reverse World itself is this. Breaking something there causes far greater destruction in the real world, to the point that popping a bubble in the Reverse World causes a small explosion in the corresponding location. Breaking some ice pillars caused part of a glacier to break off and nearly destroy a town. Now imagine if someone like Cyrus or Lysandre or Ghetsis were to find their way in...
- Paranoia Fuel: Beware of mirrors, or else an Eldritch Abomination will get you.
- Special Effect Failure: The CG on Zero's mecha, much like Celebi's twig golem, is painfully obvious against everything else.
- Tastes Like Diabetes: Ash forgot to wash his hands and then Dawn and Brock began to act like Ash's parents.
YMMV / Pokémon: Giratina and the Sky Warrior